Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Shadowbook

Well, I finished my novel Shadowbook today! I originally wrote this book when I was twelve, and I've been working on the rewrite for a year. I am very, very pleased with the way it came out.
Shadowbook is a gothic Cinderella story, based on the Jungian Shadow Complex. It is about a foster girl called Nyx. Exploring her own dark side gives her solace from her life, but it does not actually change anything. The tables turn when she meets Astor, a mysterious, handsome, debonair Shadow boy who falls in love with her and promises her a new life. But Shadows feed off people's souls, and Astor has a taste for the souls of young women. Can she trust him?

Writing Shadowbook has been quite an experience. I have explored and integrated with my own dark side (represented by Astor). I've enjoyed learning about psychology and writing a gothic novel. One of the most interesting things about Shadowbook is how it includes both modern concepts and ancient fairy tale concepts. I've analyzed Shadowbook's fairy tale themes, psychological themes, gothic themes,  and also how it relates to other books.

I'm very happy with it :D Now to celebrate by playing dark, gloomy music!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...