Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

My Shadow

Sometimes I try to sleep
As the light fades,
Trying to see the shapes in the dark
Not fearing the creature that lurks behind me
I know who he is, I know his name,
That is a rare case.

The world tells me he is ugly. 
So ugly, I should lock him
Behind a door, with all the dark
So that no one could look upon his terrible face
But if I do, then he will be terrible.

Humanity has forever
Tried to conquer his kind,
To control them and get rid of them
But if you lock them up and ignore them, 
They will force their way out and take over you,
And then their terrible faces will show through you and your personality. 

The world thinks that they 
Will do this anyway
If you leave them out to frolick
That they are innately evil
When they really are just angry at being locked up and disrespected. 
We are told that we should fear them.

But I do not fear him. 
I opened the locked door to his lair.
Dared to look upon his face, and shake his hand.
I cannot see him,
Even if it was light,
I could not see him.
I can see him in my mind’s eye, though
And he is beautiful.

Beautiful!
Ethereally, terrifying beautiful, 
I may be told that this is a disguise,
To entice me, to hide his horrible true face
But I know who he is. 
And he is not ugly.

My anger,
My wildness,
Recklessness,
Sensuality,
Arrogance! 
I love him. 
I am not afraid.

And as I sit here
Listening to the night air, trying to hear
A voice, of a being 
That the world fears
More than they should
He wraps his dark wings around me
And genuinely, gratefully, loves me back. 

I sleep.



Jungian Shadow Complex summed up by a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...